Used Plastic Extruders For Sale
Please view the regularly updated inventory of used plastic extruders below. Inventory includes a variety of brands, lengths, and capacities. Below is our up-to-date selection of used extrusion machines. Our brands include but are not limited to: Cincinnati, Davis-Standard, Gloucester, HPM, Milacron, Vemag, and more. If you don’t find the plastic extrusion machine you’re looking for, please contact Revelation Machinery today!
Revelation Machinery can always help you find what you need. If you have any questions about plastic extruders or need to find a specific brand/type, please feel free to contact us! Looking to sell your equipment? Sell your used extrusion equipment to Revelation Machinery today.
Plastic extruders are machines used in the plastic processing industry, applying heat and pressure to melt and produce plastic into a desired form including profiles, pipes, sheets, and films. The extrusion process is highly versatile and can be used to produce an array of products with consistent quality and high production rates.
Plastic Extruder Uses:
- Pipe Production – Plastic extruding machines can be used to produce pipes for water and gas distribution, as well as electrical conduit.
- Film Production – Plastic extruders can produce films for applications including food packaging, agriculture, construction, and more.
- Sheet Production – Extruders produce sheets for applications in printing, advertising, and construction.
- Profile Production – Plastic extruder equipment can produce a wide range of profiles, from window and door frames to decking, fencing, and more.
Benefits of Extruders:
One of the many benefits of extrusion machinery is its ability to process a wide range of materials, including polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, PET and so much more. This makes plastic extruders ideal for use in many industries where a variety of different plastic materials are used. Additional benefits of extrusion equipment include:
- Continuous Production: Ability to continuously produce plastic products without interruption which increases productivity.
- Versatility: Can process a wide range of thermoplastics, producing a variety of products.
- Customization: Temperature, speed, and pressure can be adjusted to produce products with specific physical and mechanical properties.
- Cost-Effective: Plastic extrusion is a cost-effective method for producing large quantities of products with consistent quality.
Types of Plastic Extruders
There are two main types of plastic extruders used for processing plastic materials: Single Screw Extruders and Twin Screw Extruders. So what’s the difference?
- Single Screw Extruders: Consists of a single, long screw that rotates within a cylindrical barrel. The screw is responsible for conveying, compressing, and melting the plastic material.
- Uses: Processes a wide range of thermoplastic materials including PVC, polyethylene, and polypropylene.
- Twin Screw Extruders: Consists of two parallel screws that rotate in opposite directions within a cylindrical barrel. The two screws work together to process the plastic material, with one screw providing mixing and the other screw providing conveying and compressing.
- Uses: Typically used for more demanding processing applications including the production of high-performance engineering plastics and highly-filled compounds.
Overall, single screw extruders are simpler, more versatile, and less expensive, but twin screw extruders offer improved processing capabilities, especially for more challenging materials.
Plastic extruders are available in a variety of configurations, including horizontal, vertical, and co-rotating. Each configuration is designed to meet specific processing requirements and is able to be tailored to the needs of a particular application. There are several types of single screw extruders and twin screw extruders used in the plastics industry today.
Single screw extruder types include:
- Conventional single screw extruders
- Barrier single screw extruders
- Multi-layer single screw extruders
- Direct drive single screw extruders
Twin screw extruder types include:
- Co-rotating twin screw extruders
- Counter-rotating twin screw extruders
- Parallel twin screw extruders
- Conical twin screw extruders
- Multi-stage twin screw extruders
Plastic extruders are known by many other names including extrusion machines, extrusion lines, extrusion systems, pelletizers, granulators, compounding extruders, profile extruders, and more. Twin screw extruders are also known as double screw extruders.
Plastic extruder equipment is used across many industries including packaging, construction, automotive, medical, agriculture, and consumer goods to produce a variety of products with consistent quality and high production rates. Plastic extrusion machinery is an essential component of the modern plastics industry and plays a critical role in the production of a wide range of products that we use in our everyday lives.
Revelation Machinery can always help you find what you need! If you have any questions about extrusion equipment or need to find a specific brand/type, please feel free to contact us. Interested in selling your equipment? Learn how easy it is to sell your used plastic extrusion equipment to Revelation Machinery today.